Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March-No Meat

The No Meat March. I should start a parade in honor of this feat. Ok, so I'm only on day 1 of no meat, and does chicken broth really count? I mean, I did not have chew any meat, so have I already cheated myself? Lets pretend it was vegetable broth. Just like the times at my old work that we would serve that asswipe of a "vegetarian" soup that was made with chicken stock. LOL. I mean, he was wearing leather shoes, so I can tell you he wasn't hardcore.

A couple months ago when I decided to try going 30 days with or without something, I really wanted to go vegan. But absolutely everyone I talked to gave me a wide eyed loud and firm NO. Jeez, did they think I couldn't do it? Or were they actually looking out for my best interest? I mean, would I be able to actually survive 30 days without any animal bi-product? And by that I meant ingesting it, but I was quickly told that the vegan lifestyle is WAY more than going the "guinea pig" diet. I was informed my shampoo was most likely not vegan, (still not sure why) and that most of the everyday items I use were not. SOOOOO, that leads me to just cut out meat. I bought tofu yesterday. Not even remotely sure what/how I will incorporate it, but I thought I should probably "treat" myself to sumthin nice.

I eat a lot a lot of meat. I'm not scared so much that I won't be able to, but more that meat will sneak its way into my food and I will be oblivious and/or tricked into eating it. Wait. Does this mean no fish? I looked in my freezer and fridge yesterday and noticed quite a bit of meat. Deer steaks, cow meat, bag-o-meatballs, lunch meat, chicken breasts and not a whole lot of veggies. So I'm now stocked up for this week. Brussel sprouts, carrots, cucumbers, cheese, yogurt, bread.....wow. I'm really hungry.

But at least I can chase the tofu with beer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment