Monday, October 3, 2011

Take a look, its in a book!

This month’s challenge came to me while at the Sprint store getting horrible customer service a couple weeks ago. They always ask for your security pin number, or the answer to your secret question.  I get asked more than one of my questions every time, because (and this is my theory, and I do believe it to be true) my name is Blake. 
The question was, “Who is your favorite author?” 
Ummmmmmmm…….i dunno, Shel Silverstein?  Dr.Suess?  I mean c’mon.  Not a fair question. At least not to me.  I do know how to read, and I have gotten into a few books in my life, but I’m not an active reader, or even an author connoisseur.  I don’t seek out books specifically because of the author, let alone seek out books. 
So when he asked me that, I obviously had no idea who in the world I would have chosen, and I had to admit that.  “Um, I don’t really read books” was sadly my answer.  As he was looking at his screen, and the answer, he looked back at me and with a strange smile and said, “Well, I’ll give you a hint, it’s not actually an author.”
I give up.  I really had no idea at this point.  So after giving him every bit of info I could to prove to him that I’m really Blake, I asked him for the answer because I had a feeling I would be back to that hell hole sometime soon. 
“People magazine” 
That was my answer.  I answered People magazine was my favorite author.  Wow.  It took me back to the day that I gave that answer.  I don’t remember it, but I was trying to picture what I was thinking/doing the day I said that.  What could have possibly led me to that answer?  I would love to say that I was trying to be funny; however I don’t think that was it.  I believe I was put on the spot, and realized I didn’t have one, and tried to think of what I do actually read, and that was the only option that popped into my head. 
Reading is fun, and like I said, I have gotten into some books in recent years.  I have read all but the last Harry Potter, and I have read all but the last of the dragon girl series.  (yes, I was sad both of those ended for good, so I was trying to drag it out as long as I could before it was “over” for me.)  I have also read and finished all of the Twilight series.  I have also read some Janet Evanovich books.  So maybe I’m into pop culture books, but so what? At least I was reading.
So, my goal is to read every day, at least 30 minutes.  I think I’ll start with the last dragon girl book.  I loved the first two and I highly recommend them.  I guess the main reason why I don’t read regularly is because I have a TV and I have crocheting to do (and those two just go hand in hand). 
I will admit that last month was probably my worst month doing this project.  It was soooo hard to keep track of everything that I eat, mainly because I’m constantly eating.  I wake up starving, and am starving again at 10am, then again at about 1, then again at 4:30, and AGAIN around 7/8.  I eat very healthy, so its not like I’m some vacuum eating everything in sight, its just that documenting that many meals was not only time consuming and annoying, but next to impossible when I got even a day behind. 
P.S.  I’ve changed my author with Sprint, if you wanted to access my account. J

No comments:

Post a Comment