Monday, December 5, 2011

Nov-Crochet Dec-Pay It Forward

Well, its been awhile since I’ve been on here, and I know it may seem like I’ve given up. That’s maybe part of it, but not completely true.  October’s month of reading was a success as far as I’m concerned, because I did read ALMOST every day, and I really got back into my girl who kicked the hornet’s nest book.  If you have not read that series, I highly recommend it.  Its got a little bit of everything: Sexual deviance, murder, mystery, love, yada yada.
November was successful, only because I had one thing that I knew I was going to do every day, and call it cheating, but this is my blog and I decide what I’m going to do or not do for 30 days.  So can any one make an educated guess?  Yep! You’re right!  I chose to crochet everyday J
I think it’s the first month that I actually really truly did stick to it every single day of the month.  For those who may not know about my other other business, its "blake’s beanies",  and you can find the page on facebook.  I’ve now expanded my business to blake’s beardies since they’ve become quite popular. I crochet/knit beanies for all ages, including character hats such as Hello Kitty, Elmo, owls, Angry Birds, etc.  I had a craft fair at CHS on November 12th, and it was very successful. Thanks to everyone that came by and visited me and purchased a hat!  Right now I’ve got about 20 more orders before Christmas to fill.  So basically I had no time to choose another 30 day task.  I could have probably made time, but I didn’t want to. 
So there ya have it. 

Now. Onto December.  I could probably choose crochet everyday again,(because I probably will be doing it anyways) but I won’t. Only because it’s the last month of the year, and I’ve been doing so well these past 11 months with this personal project of mine.  This month I’m going to pay it forward.  Its not going to be an everyday sort of task, but I’m going to try my darndest.  I’ve read about people at Starbucks paying for the car behind them, but that would require me to go to Starbucks.  I probably won’t be updating this blog to say every time I paid it forward, (kind of defeating the purpose if I’m doing it for recognition) but just know that I’m using this month as a reflective month to realize how lucky I am in life.  I have had the greatest upbringing imaginable.  I have a great job (ok 3 great jobs) and a great hubby, great puppy, great roomie, great house, great new “rig” and great health.  Not much could be better besides the interest rate on my house, but that too is hopefully going to change real soon. 
I really suggest anyone that reads this blog to do the same for 2012.  2011 flew by for me, and I think it was in part bc of this project.  Each month I had a focus on something that I thought was somewhat thought provoking, and somewhat of a challenge to me (ok not so much April or November).  I learned a lot about myself and had fun!  Thanks to everyone that did read my blog.  I got a lot of “whys” when I told people what I was doing, and there isn’t much to the answer but “why not”.  If you can put your mind to something for 30 days, you can do anything!  Hey, that’s my pay it forward for the day.  I’m paying forward my knowledge and cliché saying.  
Happy Holidays everyone.  Love, Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment