Monday, August 29, 2011

September-startin early

I’m starting this month early  because its Monday, and I can. This month,  September, I am not going to starve myself of something I love, or am semi-addicted to.  I’m going to do a behavior change for 30 days.  This is something that I’ve tried, and failed.  Every time.  So, here goes it.
I’m going to be super healthy girl for the next 30 days.  I’m still going to allow myself a drink, a dessert, hamburgers and french fries, but this time, I’m going to be keeping track of it.  I’m going to keep a food journal, and  exercise 4-5, maybe 3 days a week. 3 at its minimum.  I know that this summer has been tons of fun, but I’m out of shape again, and my body shows.  I am going to log my food/exercise  into my iTouch, and it will keep track for me of all of it. 
Here’s my logic.  I initially thought this whole project was going to be something I did for fun, to see if I could do or not do something for 30 days, and, well, I’ve actually seen a change that has extended past the 30 days.  I still don’t have cable TV, I don’t eat as much meat or fast food, I don’t really miss coffee as much as I thought I would, and I actually do take in less celeb gossip. So, I thought if I can train myself to be healthier all around, then it will last further than the 30 days (fingers crossed). 

Sorry to my family for the lack of potty humor in this post.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you that you're making the journey to get healthier! I am too. It's also encouraging to know that some of the habits you tried out for your 30 day blog subjects ended up permeating your life and sticking around! Yay for health!

    ReplyDelete