Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tastes so good once it hits the lips

I'd gone 17 days without coffee or caffeine....until I got horrible sleep.  I woke up this morning to being lightly punched in the back by my sleeping hubby (he said sorry) and I knew right then it was time to stop the drought. I need espresso to get me thru this 8.75 hour work day.  I wondered if the girls at The Steamery missed me or my money.  They didn't say anything other than, "Your usual?"  I'm getting used to them knowing how predictable I am, simply because I was too tired to say, "12 oz iced soy double latte with a splash of vanilla"  (sounds so snobby, doesn't it?).

Making this conscience effort to go without my espresso has really helped me realize that I don't normally need one.  I had started going multiple times a week, and that is just downright dumb (read: expensive).  I thought about it the other day.  If they are 4.50/drink x 3 x 52 = 702 bucks a year.  Thats $1.90/day.  I don't really like to do these types of calculations, because to me, its a scare tactic parents use.  That $702.00 is mine to do what I want with it, and I choose to drink it in the mornings to help me start my day.  If I wasn't into espresso but was into lets say shoes, I would be out more than 702/year.  So I guess I looked at it as something I like to spend my money on.  But since these two and  a half weeks not drinking it, I have actually been quite satisfied with myself for a few reasons.  One, I don't have coffee breath that could curl a nose hair, and two, I'm not making mad dashes to the bathroom every 20 minutes. 

I know for sure sure (thanks to Cedric for that new phrase I annoying overuse) that I'm not going to be drinking coffee as much.  Only after a toss and turn kind of night, or if I need a good colon cleanse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment